Simplicity is the key to a successful app for children.
For the younger ones, even swiping can get a little tricky. Sound Touch relies only on taps, making it super easy for little fingers to navigate.
The app opens right to the activity, without a main menu. It's broken into 6 categories, which are shown at the bottom of the screen as pictures – animals, wild animals, wild birds, vehicles, musical-instruments and household. Each page has 12 items displayed with bright, cute cartoon items. Tap a picture, and a real life photo of the item pops open, accompanied by the sound it makes. Tap the picture anywhere, and it disappears.
Playing around with the app, you'll discover something even cooler – each item has not one, but 5 real pictures and sounds! Bringing up something new every time you tap is a great way to keep kids' attention. The photos are great, as is the sound quality of the recordings.
The musical instruments section features famous classical music pieces – your kids can tap on a piano or trumpet and hear 5 different runs. Tapping on the drum shows them a drumset, bongos, marching drums and a timpani. With ships and fire trucks, sheep and monkeys, accordions and harmonicas, it would take a while for little ones to get tired of this game!
- Very ease to use - your child merely has to touch a picture to open an item
- Bright, colorful images that little kids love
- 360 beautiful HD photos accompanied with 360 high-quality sounds
- 6 categories – animals, wild animals, wild birds, vehicles, musical-
instruments and household
- Each category has 12 different items
- Each item has 5 different sounds and photos
- Includes popular classical music pieces
- Shaking the iPhone repeats the sound
- Children love the fun; parents love the learning
- You can hear the spoken name of the item before the actual sound. To turn this on for apple devices go to:
The device's "Settings" -> "SoundTouch" -> turn the "Speech" to on. On Android go to the app's settings.
You can choose from 30 languages: English, British English, Latin Spanish, Iberian Spanish, German, French, Canadian French, Japanese, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Russian, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Iberian Portuguese, Catalan, Korean, Mandarin, Afrikaans, Polish, Hungarian, Greek, Croatian, Persian, Turkish, Arabic and Hebrew.
- More languages coming soon
Download this precious app for your little one, it will teach
them a lot and your child will just think it's fun!